Boko Haram claims Abuja bombings
Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for twin bomb attacks on the outskirts of Nigeria's capital, Abuja, the group said in a message posted on social media on Sunday evening.
At least 18 people were killed and 41 injured in the bombings on Friday night, in Kuje, to the west of Abuja, and in Nyanya, to the east, the authorities said.
Suspicion immediately fell on the Islamist militants, who last year said they were behind two attacks in Nyanya that left more than 90 dead.
The claim of responsibility on Twitter was signed by Islamic State in West Africa Province, used by Boko Haram since its pledge of allegiance to the militants in Syria and Iraq in March. Click here to read the full report.